In the article, we’ll be looking at some of the best online chess lessons available on various popular chess websites.
It’s known that chess lessons can help improve your chess game and improve your rating/playing strength rapidly. But it’s difficult to judge which chess lesson is the best, especially for individual rating levels and this is what this article seeks to address. So sit back and have a good read!
Why Do You Need Online Chess Lessons?
Are you a newbie chess player looking forward to beating your dad or neighbourhood friends at chess? Or you’re interested in participating and performing well in local tournaments? Whatever the case is, going for online chess lessons will be highly beneficial.
Learning chess online has many advantages. You’ll be able to improve your chess tactical and strategic understanding etc. We’ll see some more key advantages below:
- It’ll bump up your playing strength – Online chess lessons will help you improve your chess strength with proper instruction and guidance. Most of these courses are created by famous content creators and masters of the game so you’re sure to get valuable advice and tips that’ll help you advance your game.
- Saves a lot of time – You don’t need to run around looking for the best methods to improve your game when there are detailed online chess lessons there for you. Experts have worked on the course and designed it according to a certain theme. This is so that you have everything you need in one course.
- Save Money – Some experts may advocate that you go for a private tutor to improve your chess skills. But the disadvantage of going for tutors is that they charge high and you may not be able to afford it. Going for online courses will do the trick as these courses typically cost between $30 and $100. If you are thinking of taking lessons with a private tutor, they will charge you between $30 and $250 per hour. So overall, you can save a lot of money buying these chess lessons online.
- Ease of Learning – When you purchase a course from any website, you will most likely get lifetime access or at least 1 year chess subscription so you have plenty of time to complete this course. Moreover, this means that you can watch these courses over and over again to grasp every little tiny detail.
That being said, here are 5 best online chess lessons specially picked for you whether you’re a beginner, intermediate or advanced player.
1. Igor Smirnov Chess Lessons
Grandmaster Igor Smirnov is a popular chess coach that was born in Ukraine. He has won many prestigious tournaments over the years and was awarded the Grandmaster title in 2008.
In 2012, he founded a chess academy popularly known as the Remote Chess Academy (RCA). So far, thousands of students have benefited from his numerous online courses on his website. Here are some of his courses below designed for all level of players — whether you are a newbie, an intermediate player or one looking forward to becoming a titled player.
2. Susan Polgar Method for Scholastic Chess Training
Grandmaster Susan Polgar is a Hungarian-American chess player and one of the strongest players of all time. She was the Women’s World Chess Champion from 1996 to 1999.
She also made history by becoming the first female chess player to compete in the World Championship finals and is one of the few females to defeat previous world champion, Garry Kasparov and current world champion, Magnus Carlsen.
Her chess training series focuses on children and is recommended for those who are just starting to play chess. In volume 1, you’ll learn the basics of chess and develop life-changing chess skills.
In volume 2 of the series, you will learn some more in-depth chess techniques. Generally, both courses will teach you the basics of the game and how be ambitious in chess.
You will get the following lessons from the 1st volume:
- How to understand the chessboard, and how to set it up.
- What the chess pieces are and how they move.
- The basics of chess openings – the best way to start your games
- How to make plans and form a strategy
- Beginner chess endgames
And you’ll get the following lessons from the 2nd volume:
- Candidate moves and calculations
- Kings and pawns in Endgames
- Castling secrets and more.
You will also get a lot of bonuses and ebooks after purchasing this course pack.
This course normally costs $139.99 but you can now get it now at $69.99 — a whopping 50% off!
3. IM Anna’s Essential Chess Endgames Course
IM Anna Rudolf is a Hungarian Olympic chess player and three-time champion currently ranked 2325 Elo. She has been able to achieve the titles of International Master (IM) and Women Grandmaster (WGM). Anna is also a well-known commentator and a popular Twitch streamer.
For most players, studying chess endgame is very boring but the fact remains that if you want to be a serious chess player, then you have to study your endgames properly..
In this course, you will get very simple but deeper ideas to understand the endgame better. It’s a solid endgame foundation course that’ll help you know how to convert certain fundamental positions to wins every single time.
The following concepts are covered in the course:
Essential Pawn Endgames
Minor Piece Endgame (Opposite bishop endgames, Bishop & Knight endgame etc.)
This course normally costs $49.95 but you can now get it now at $24.95—a whopping 50% off!
4. Ginger GM Method Courses
The popular Grandmaster Simon Williams a.k.a GingerGM is responsible for the creation of these courses. In these courses, Simon reveals all of his favorite offensive secrets to crushing his opponents in a spectacular way. He also has a way of communicating chess concepts in a manner that’ll be easy to grasp and understand.
5. GM Damian Lemos’s Absolute Beginners Chess Course
GM Damian Lemos is a one-of-a-kind chess coach who had trained and mentored thousands of players in the game of Chess. He achieved the FIDE Master title at 14 years old, International Master at 15, and Grandmaster at 18 so he’s no stranger to success.
With a FIDE rating of 2550, GM Lemos has developed courses with tailored training regimens to achieve unbelievable results.
His Absolute Beginners Chess Course can testify to that as he covers every conceivable beginners’ strategies and tactics to carefully communicate the technicalities of the game. In this course, you’ll learn how to discover tactical opportunities even in quiet positions with step-by-step positional strategy and evaluation.
This course normally costs $59.95 but you can now get it now at $29.95— a whopping 50% off!
As a chess enthusiast, you don’t need to be confused searching for methods to take your game to the next level. By taking online chess lessons, you’ll see your game dramatically improve and start crushing your opponents. Have any question? Drop it in the comments section and we’ll take it up!